Friday, September 16, 2016
Trial and error. Mostly error.
That charcoal fabric would have been great as a tunic or dress, but because I cut it up I now have twelve 8" squares and a small amount of yardage. That means I can make a very short top with 12 pockets. Sounds about right.
I'm using the neat ripple pattern by Lucy at Attic 24. The pattern is so incredibly easy that I regularly screw it up every 2nd or 3rd row. I have ripped back at least half of this blanket so far. Mistakes happen when you're not paying attention and you're crocheting at the speed of sound, light, or how fast I run when being chased by a mad dog.
And finally, after seeing so many mini quilts on Instagram by Temecula Quilt Co., I impulsively bought the online pattern, Taryn's Baskets, downloaded, printed, dove into my fabric, cut, pressed and in just under a couple of hours had completed two 5" squares. The seam ripper is working overtime on this one. My points are finishing too close to the edge, and most will have the tips cut off when I add the setting squares. Grrrr. Taking apart 1 1/2" squares is not one of my strengths. Buying things online apparently is.
Here's to learning by our mistakes. Cheers :)